2004 Schedule of Events
|Fe 7 **||Ice Bowl||Westchester||Steve O||9AM|
|Feb 29 *||Leap Year Fun Tourney||Westchester||Ed||11AM|
|Mar 20 *||Bag Tag Beginnings||Westchester||Charles||11AM|
|Apr 17 ***||CC#1 “The Beginning”||Westchester||Steve O||9AM|
|May 1 **||Worlds Biggest||Kincaid||Charles||9AM|
|May 15 ***||CC#2 “The Break Up”||Kincaid||Steve O||9AM|
|Jun. 12 ***||CC#3 “Summer Solstice”||Peters Creek||Steve O||9AM|
|Jun. 19||24 Hour Lance Armstrong||TBA||Fish||10AM|
|Jul. 4 *||Fireworks Fun Fling||Kincaid||Ed||9AM|
|Jul. 17 ***||CC#4 “Experience Alaska”||TBA||Steve O||9AM|
|Aug. 21 ***||CC#5 “Dog Days of Summer”||3 Courses (TBA)||Steve O||8AM|
|Aug 28-29 ****||AK State Championship||3 Courses (TBA)||Fish||8AM|
|Sept. 6||Labor Day Telethon||TBA||Fish||9AM|
|Oct. 2||Kenny Huizenga Memorial
|Oct. 16 *||Bag Tag Challenge Ends||Kincaid||Charles||9AM|
|Oct. 30 *||Halloween Classic||Kincaid||Ed||9AM|
|Nov. 20 *||Turkey Tourney||Westchester||Fish||11AM|
|Dec. 18 *||Toys for Tots||Westchester||Ed||11AM|
Costs: * $0-$10 ** $10-$20 *** $10-$25 **** $50-$75
All single day tournaments are on a Saturday unless otherwise noted.
ADGA Monthly Meetings: Feb 28, Mar 13, Apr 3, May 3, Jun 7, Jul 5, Aug 2, Sep 6, Oct 4, Nov 6, Dec 4
Note: All meetings will be after league play on dates above. Location and Time will be announced well beforehand.
WEEKLY LEAGUE PLAY
Monday’s, Westchester, sign-up by 6PM, Various
Wednesday, Kincaid, sign-up by 6PM, Pro-am Doubles
New* Saturday, Kincaid, sign-up by Noon, Singles
All weekly play prices are $4 ($5 non-members)
Join the ADGA today!
Just starting out? Want to learn the sport? Starting Jun 26th, come out on Saturday for our Westchester recreational fun league, sign-up by 10AM, it’s FREE
Join us for weekly league play on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, running through the summer.
Here’s a brief run down for you:
1. Monday’s are Madness day at Westchester Lagoon. Fish will host something different each Monday. You might play doubles, singles, left-handed, who knows but everyone is guaranteed to have a good time. A separate Monday Ace fund is in play. Only $4 to get in ($5 for non-members, so join today!). Sign-ups at 5:30 pm sharp. You may even get a free car wash just for signing up.
MONDAY’s ACE FUND FOR Jun 14 is $60
2. Wednesday’s are Pro-Am Doubles day at Kincaid. This is your chance to be paired with a Pro, have a chance at winning, learn some pointers and have lots of fun. In doubles we pick partners (a Pro will be paired with an advanced or beginner) and both people throw and you take the best shot and both throw from that shot. It’s a blast and anyone can win. $4 ($5 non-mems). Club Ace Fund is in play. Starting on the first day, Apr28, a hole in one is already worth $124. Ace will be capped at $300. Sign-ups at 5:30 pm sharp.
WEDNESDAY’s ACE FUND FOR Jun 9 is $193
3. Saturday’s are Singles day at Kincaid with Robbie R. A seperate Saturday Ace fund is in play. Anyone can play, have fun and win. Only $4 to get in ($5 non-mems, so join today!). Sign-ups begin at 11:30 am sharp with a 12:00 Noon tee off.
SATURDAY’s ACE FUND FOR Jun 26th is $10
Saturday Note: There will not be Saturday league play on scheduled Saturday tournament days (see schedule above). So join us and play in the tournament on those days. :o)
Also, starting Jun 26th, on Saturday’s at 10AM at Westchester Lagoon our recreational fun league will begin. Tim K is the host and would love to teach you the ins and outs of this great sport. Play a round for free and for fun but in an organized tournament fashion. It’s a great time with all the competition and fun of a tournament.
Thinking about joining the A.D.G.A.?
You can’t lose if you do. Check out what you get for only $25:
1. An ADGA one of a kind logo golf disc ($15 value)
2. An ADGA membership card with your own unique ADGA number
3. 10% off of all disc purchases at Play it Again Sports
4. $2 off all club plastic
5. $1 off all weekly league play
6. $1 off all course challenge tournaments
7. Voting rights at monthly membership meetings
8. The right to play in the season long bag tag competition
9. Subscription to the ADGA newsletter
10. An invite to the free End of Year ADGA membership party ($20)
Let’s take a look at this win-win deal. If you join you automatically get 1 and 10 above ($35 worth). Then, if you play once a week and hit 5 tournaments from May-Sep that’s another $25. Then you go to Play it Again and buy a bag, and some discs and get $10 off. The way I see it is you just earned $70 for your $25 investment. Oh and by the way, your membership money goes towards new baskets, more courses and other disc golf promotions to help us fulfill our bylaws and promote the sport we all play and love.
Alaska Disc Golf ……..
………We’re Just Getting Started!